Sunday mornings at Mercy Hill are a gathering time to celebrate the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ through the Word (preaching, prayers, singing) and Sacrament (the Lord's Supper).
Our gatherings represent a special focused time of celebration and instruction beyond what we're doing during the week, and for the purpose of equipping our church family, as a larger group, in the mission of God.
Below are details of what to expect and how you can participate.
- Dress is casual.
- Expect the morning to last from 10:00 to 11:30 or 12:00.
- Please plan to arrive by 9:30 if you have kids. Service will start promptly at 10am and will run till about 11:30.
- During the worship, you'll experience a group of 50-70 people singing, praying together, reading and discussing old creeds, reading portions of God's word, and listening to a sermon.
- We will also celebrate Holy Communion (the Lord's Supper) every week. Details on how you can prepare to partake of the Lord's Supper can be found here.
- Some parts of the service involve conversation or dialogue with the topics or subject matter being presented. Questions are welcome.
- Following our worship time, we enjoy a casual and informal time of eating brunch together. These are breakfast and lunch items that different families bring to share.
- Following the service, people sometimes go out to eat together to talk more about what God is doing in our lives and how we can encourage one another with what we've heard in the sermon that Sunday.